Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nintendo Power: Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Nintendo Power: Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figure I better post this before Himuro does and declare that his rumor was right or something. This came out of this month's Nintendo Power:

Quote:
Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.

Like I said, this came out of the this month's issue, so it's not talking about Sonic Chronicles.

Commence your praying, rumor monkeys!

Last edited by Leb on Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously it's Final Fantasy VII for the wii.

In all seriousness, here's hoping that's Suiko VI

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To anyone who is not a big ass Suikoden fan such as folks here, would a Suikoden game really count as anything but an afterthought? Seriously?

I'm sure big time fans will nod after every lovely positive word in the quoted passage but these words are commonly used for RPGs on the level of Final Fantasy, or for Nintendo, the like of the Tales series which is a few notches below that. A few notches below that, in most peoples minds is our beloved Suikoden.

If this is Suikoden VI, it will be the first Suikoden game that was not announced via a small box in the corner of page 56 of a gaming magazines news page under a picture of the latest supermodel to play Lara Croft at publicity appearances.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gah, now I have to sit on my hands for another month before we find out. Can't be Fire Emblem, that's already out. The only things I can think of would have to be something Final Fantasy, which we would already know about because Squenix seems incapable of keeping their mouths shut about any project they maybe might be sort of going to be thinking about doing sometime after dinner in a few months, or perhaps something maybe along the lines of a new "Tales of" (which would be neat but probably not meriting the fuss) or something Suiko-ish. I'll cross my fimgers for option number three. :3

I wonder if maybe they're thinking a Golden Sun for the Wii--it was a pretty big hit a few years ago. Ah well, I'm excited to see what's coming!

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt that they would hype Suikoden VI like that, but who knows-- maybe they are. Perhaps it is a new Square-Enix game. With hype like that I wouldn't be surprised. Perhaps maybe a Mistwalker game. Those two lines don't really give much of a hint as to what it could be. The GameCube was not known for it's "epic" roleplaying games, the best perhaps being Tales of Symphonia, or Skies of Arcadia-- so I'm kind of at a loss for what this cover story game will be.

If anything I'd say that's going to be on the DS, the RPG market has been much, much larger on their handheld systems as of late. They've already announced the new Dragon Quest game for DS, so perhaps Chrono Trigger? A new Golden Sun? A remake of Chrono Trigger would be pretty sweet on the DS-- but with the game getting a cover story I expect the dern thing to be a totally new game, not a remake.

When does Nintendo Power release its February edition, anyways?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's another Mario RPG game. No way Suikoden gets that many adjectives in it's announcement.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, wishful thinking. We're really getting desperate for confirmation, aren't we?

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You, perhaps, but certainly not me. I can't help but be unexcited about a sequel after my disappointment with Suikoden V, but I do like fanning the flames when there's legitimate rumors out. ...Not to mention that I'd also like to give Himuro few reasons to post another thread in here.

I know I'm going to be kicking this thread into Game & Anime in about a month. But for now, I wanted everyone's favorite rumormongers to take a whack at it.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could be very well also a Golden Sun prequel. Since Camelot officially said in an interview with an UK videogame magazin, that they're are working on a RPG especially for the Nintendo Wii.

But I really hope it'S Suikoden VI :D
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it sounds like Dragon Quest Swords, which is coming out next month. It definitely fits the bill and could be a cover story with a big review... except for the hush-hush part. It could also be the long-silent Yasumi Matsuno Wii RPG, which would be a pretty huge revelation. Or some of the other ones mentioned like a Skies of Arcadia sequel or Golden Sun. Lots of options besides Suikoden VI... but there's certainly a lot of mystery going around!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LEB

Can u tell me please when the next issue of NintendoPower will be printed next month?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, whatever happens, happens. If it is Suikoden, then rejoice! If not, beat Himuro to death and cry ourselves to sleep.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden coming to the Wii would be huge, not only because it would mean Suikoden VI, but because it would mean a chance for them to remake the older titles for a new system. I have high hopes. It's not going to be anything Final Fantasy related I don't think. No one cares much about Squaresoft these days.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad wrote:
Suikoden coming to the Wii would be huge, not only because it would mean Suikoden VI, but because it would mean a chance for them to remake the older titles for a new system. I have high hopes. It's not going to be anything Final Fantasy related I don't think. No one cares much about Squaresoft these days.

I bet it is a new Zelda.
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.

Is that supposed to be a hint that it's a game that has already been leaked but everyone forgot about? Anyway, if it's Suikoden then cool. Most likely it won't be.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: