Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you reading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah! A what are you reading thread!

I've just finished reading both the first book from the Bartimaeus Trilogy, The Amulet of Samarkand, and The Kite Runner, so I can see the movie and say I read the book first.

I next plan on reading both the second book of the Bartimaeus Trilogy and Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange, the latter I'll probably start tomorrow.

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just picked up book three to Robin Hobbs "Soldiers Son" trilogy. I'm about half way in and I picked it up last week, I've been taking my time with it because it's a little dry and I've spoiled myself since last reading Hobb by reading George R. R. Martins Song of Ice and Fire series so her writing style just doesn't seem as great as it did when I read the Farseer trilogy two years ago. Otherwise the books a little dry but I'm not having any problems getting into it, that could be because I'm extreamly dry myself, lol. I'm having a little bit of trouble remembering all that happend in the previous two books, but she does a good job of filling in the blanks whenever a questionable event occures, so it's no biggy. I sure do wish Nevare would quit being so fat though, lol, I hate to admit it but I have a hard time picturing a fat guy as a hero unless he's got some sort of comical role in the story; and Nevare is REALLY serious. Oh, and the whole split personality thing...c'mon already, hurry up already and become one solid person. But that's probably not going to happen until the end of the book...which is the series end. I do hope she continues it though, like she did her Farseer trilogy, because I see alot of loose ends at the end of all this.

I hate you Onimaru.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished Enchantment, so now I'm reading the book adaption of the movie Labyrinth.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I'm still in the middle of reading the infamous Inferno by Dante. It's a good read for the religous, curious, and even sinful guys as well. It just hurts to read about people suffering.

Too bad I only care about my own fate...

Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, Dante. Have you seen the paintings by Gustav Dore? They are very morbid. Here's a good website: http://dore.artpassions.net/ Of course the small images don't really do them justice...

I am currently reading The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just begun reading Genghis: Birth of an Empire by Conn Iggulden. It's a historical novel of the early years and rise of the Great Khan. While the novel is fiction the events and people within the book are based on historical fact.

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finished Last Kingdom, so I'm on to Pale Horseman.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad wrote:
Finished The Palgrave Concise Historical Atlas of Eastern Europe by Dennis P. Hupchick and Harold E. Cox yesterday. Now starting Gulag: A History by Anne Applebaum. This book won the Pulitzer Prize in 2004, and if you've ever browsed a history section you've probably seen it. I've put off reading it for like four years, but I got it for Christmas and am finally giving it a go. At 585 pages of narrative and a 40 page introduction, it's going to take some time.

I finished this book today. For over 600 pages 15 days is pretty sexy. Don't know what I'll read next yet.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am supposed to be writing a paper on Dead Souls by Gogol. But I don't wanna. Wah. Damn good book though.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finished Pale Horseman the other day, so now I'm reading Lords of the North.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently reading "The Thousand and One Nights", AKA, Arabian Nights. It's really a compilation of Arabic, Egyptian, Persian, Indian, and Chinese tales. It's very interesting!
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On Saturday, what would that be, the 2nd?, I started reading Ghost Wars by Steve Coll. 125 pages in it's so far one of the most fascinating historical accounts I've picked up.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finished Lords of the North and started Dracula.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read Ghost World, and now I'm reading Persepolis. Great comics.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished Dracula today. Tomorrow I will start Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22

Jump to: