Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nintendo Power: Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They haven't yet, but it's been confirmed that at least one new Zelda will be made for the Wii.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Zelda_Wii
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm moving this now. There's no need for it to be in the S6 forums

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now rumors about Suikoden VI (or some other Suikoden title) being announced for the WII is being spoken in some Japanese game sites. Either this is a very good fake rumor, or there's some substance to it. Either way, we have to wait.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Now rumors about Suikoden VI (or some other Suikoden title) being announced for the WII is being spoken in some Japanese game sites. Either this is a very good fake rumor, or there's some substance to it. Either way, we have to wait.

I get the feeling it is the same one, but there is no other way than to wait and see.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden does find itself on the Wii, I wonder if it'll be a full-fledged installment or another tertiary release a la Tactics or Suikogaiden. On one hand, Konami's history with the series makes it kinda hard to imagine Suikoden VI being anywhere other than the PS3; on the other hand, PS3 games are (on average) incredibly expensive to produce, and as much as we all love the series to death, Suikoden might not have the audience and visibility necessary to justify that cost. Which is where the Wii could suddenly become an attractive option.

Additionally, something on the level of Suikoden VI (regardless of what that level is exactly) could be A Big Thing™ to the folks over at Nintendo Power simply because the Wii isn't exactly overflowing with RPGs at the moment. Of course, that means that just about any other known quantity in the genre qualifies for such a statement. Maybe it's just Chrono Trigger on the virtual console, or a port of Phantasy Star Universe, there's no telling how minor this could unfortunately turn out to be.

Personally, my money's on a sequel to Quest 64. You heard it here first!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How are the spin-offs tertiary? Seem pretty secondary to me.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had to place money on this, I would place it on it being a Tales of... release or a Dragon Quest release. Tales would be big as it's arguably the biggest and best known RPG on the Gamecube (with only Skies of Arcadia really rivaling it, and I don't think a sequel is likely there), if not a huge player overall, and Dragon Quest as, well, it's either the biggest or second biggest RPG series, and with one installment already heading onto the DS, it could just be a big article on Dragon Quest: Swords (IIRC), a side-game already confirmed for the Wii. And there's no guarentee in there that the game isn't a first-party one, either, in which case a new Zelda or Mario RPG (either of which could be highly likely given both of the series latest installments were developed while on the Gamecube and then ported to the Wii) would definately be a big fish story.

I think on the whole people are a bit too hasty in anticipating Suikoden VI. While I would like to play it just as much as the rest of you all, I really do think it will be a while before it comes out. Niche games like Suikoden really do need a very large audience before they come out - remember how long the wait was between Suikoden II and Suikoden III? Also, RPGs take a long time to develop and if you're waiting to see which console will be the RPG player's choice (which will take a while as it takes a LONG time for RPG games to head onto the market, and even more so when most of the developers are skittish on which platform to go for) as Konami very well may be, we might have a bit of a wait ahead for us.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm of the "believe it when I see it" mindset. Perhaps Nintendo recognizes the value of a title like Suikoden more that Sony does, and truly considers its acquisition to be a big deal. If that's the case, hype like this can only help the series. I don't know what's going to ultimately happen, but one this is for certain... I'm really looking forward to that issue of Nintendo Power.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm betting on a FFXIII for the Wii or possibly Zelda.

The only that would make me speechless like they are acting it would would be a Chrono or Xenogears sequel. Not going happen though. :(
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden VI? Maybe, maybe not. I hope it is though, releasing it on the Wii would be the best way to promote the series and ensure its continuation.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
If I had to place money on this, I would place it on it being a Tales of... release or a Dragon Quest release. Tales would be big as it's arguably the biggest and best known RPG on the Gamecube

Niche games like Suikoden really do need a very large audience before they come out - remember how long the wait was between Suikoden II and Suikoden III? Also, RPGs take a long time to develop and if you're waiting to see which console will be the RPG player's choice (which will take a while as it takes a LONG time for RPG games to head onto the market, and even more so when most of the developers are skittish on which platform to go for) as Konami very well may be, we might have a bit of a wait ahead for us.

We already know about Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk for Wii, so it wouldn't be a very big revealing. Also Dragon Quest Swords is coming out next month, so it's pretty well known already. A lot of Dragon Quest titles on DS have just come out or are well known already, like DQM Joker, DQIX and DQIV-VI remakes, so yet another DQ game revelation would be getting a big much. So, Tales and DQ are pretty much out because they're known quantities already.

The wait between Suikoden II and III was about three years, little less than that in Japan, and we knew about it for a long time. Suikoden VI is already clocking in two years with only rumors and uncertainty, so unless they want to announce the game one month and release it the next, it will soon break Suikoden III's record.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nintendo Power: Role-playing fans, get ready for a big o Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.

The quote sounds really excited and full of hype. Does that really sound like something they would do to a game that is already on the wii that is expected to come out? Like "another Final Fantasy?!?@!" Just going by this I would think it was either something new completly, or something new to Nintendo or something like that. Although that is just the feeling I get from reading it.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
How are the spin-offs tertiary? Seem pretty secondary to me.

Speaking for myself of course, but I'm not sure if I can assign even secondary importance to the events of Suikoden Tactics. The Suikogaidens at least established a few key details to be capitalized upon in Suikoden III; Tactics was more of an exercise in cleaning up loose ends which, in my opinion, should've been part and parcel of Suikoden IV's scenario.

Anyway. The more I read that Nintendo Power quote, the more I question whether or not Suikoden warrants that kind of sales job. It makes sense to us, of course, but we're not the people they need to convince. To everyone else, especially Nintendo die-hards, our favourite RPG franchise is more likely to elicit confused looks and vague memories. "Suikoden? That kind of rings a bell..."

(They almost come off as sarcastic in that quote. If this cover story is being pushed on them by corporate, maybe it's a subtle jab at their superiors. But ten bones says I'm imagining things.)
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When is the magazine out? I'm curious as to when we'll know what this is about.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I already asked that tpp, but got no answer..
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: